I'll be the first to admit that I think New Year's Resolutions are a little silly. After all, if there's something we think that we should change or improve, why should we wait for January 1st of the coming year to change it? However, tradition is tradition and some of us need a reason to make improvements to our lives... 'cause, you know, every-day motivation doesn't always cut it.
I asked some of Social Decay's team members, and racked my own brain, to compile our resolutions.
- I finally started doing yoga again a few months ago after being so lazy for so long, so keeping up with that is my number one resolution.
- Also, less internet-ing and more real life aka get the heck away from my phone once in awhile
- Go on more boyfriend dates and friend dates
- Cook more and eat out less - or just plain learn to cook in general
- De-clutter a bit, I'm a total pack rat!
- Stop speaking negatively - good vibes only
- Hang with friends more/stick to plans
- Play Lumosity
- Yoga or some form of exercise once a week (AKA actually move from my couch after work)
- Cut down on mindlessly staring at my phone
- Read more books
- Keep my space organized/de-clutter
- Stay on calendar for SD 2016!
- To only drink on weekends if at all - but preferably not at all because it makes my head hurt.
- Just quit smoking cigarettes, killing my vices 1 by one.
- Draw more...I can't wait to get over the hump so that I can enjoy life more. I have always believed successful entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won't so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't.
- Make more time for my friends and be better to those around me that are important to me.
- Netflix less, read more
- Volunteer for an animal shelter (or something along those lines!)
- Do more things that scare me
- Eat vegetables ('cause I don't eat any...ever)
- Take fitness classes
- Learn how to play badass guitar solos
- Write songs
Well guys, now that these are written down and forever on the Interweb, it looks like we are going to have to stick with them. Deviants, what are your resolutions?! Let us know in the comments.